This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Open Source Software Developer/Maintainer - Android Platfrom
Posted by Ankit Gupta (@ankit851gupta)
Child Growth Monitor https://hasjob.co/childgrowthmonitor.org/hzn6r , Anywhere · childgrowthmonitor.org · Freelance or consultingFreelance or consulting · Mobile (iPhone, Android, other)Mobile (iPhone, Android, other)
5.6M child deaths are caused by malnutrition each year. Millions of children are suffering from the long-term consequences of malnutrition. Therefore, the United Nations have set the goal of Zero Hunger by 2030. In the fight against malnutrition, detection is one important step. But detection is not easy. Measuring children with traditional methods is still a complex, slow and expensive task, frequently resulting in poor data and wrong assessments of the situation.
Our mission :
To solve those problems, we are developing an innovative tool that will change the traditional way of detecting malnutrition of children. Our solution will replace unreliable hardware with software. This is a game-changer in the industry and will help saving millions of children's lives.
Our solution :
The Child Growth Monitor uses augmented reality enabled smartphones to record 3D scans of children. Artificial Intelligence is used to predict their height, weight and middle upper-arm cir- cumference.
We are looking for experienced IT experts who like the idea of working for a non-profit, open source, social cause. You will start working in a dedicated team of IT specialists as
Open Source Maintainer for Android Apps (m/f) :
Globally, preferably in India
This posting concerns a short-time assignment of 4-5 months (with a possibility of extension for full time) working for Welthungerhilfe in a freelance capacity in order to help us develop our app.
Your experience :
- Extensive experience in Open Source software, community and tools
- Expert in Android development (Java, C++ knowledge is an advantage)
- Familiar with ARCore, Tango, Tensorflow lite, Point Clouds and 3D
- Knowledge in Appcenter.ms and general use of APIs and automation tool chain
- Well-organized and focused on the important tasks at hand
- Team player / valuable addition to our scrum team
- Self-learner with curious mind-set
What we offer:
- Working on one of the most urgent problems of mankind: solving the world hunger by 2030
- Working in an international, vibrant team
- Learning from renowned and experienced AI experts and IT specialists
- Pioneer work in the field of anthropometric measurement via AI
Your qualifications will include:
- Degree in IT, engineering or comparable; or studies like statistics, operations research, mathematics, bioinformatics
- Experience in agile projects with at least 5 years of work experience
- Good English communication skills
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer