This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer
Posted by Ankit Gupta (@ankit851gupta)
Job Description :
- Millions of child deaths are caused by malnutrition each year. 200 million children are suffering from malnutrition. Therefore, the United Nations have set the goal of Zero Hunger by 2030. In the fight against malnutrition, detection is the first important step, but it is not easy.
- Measuring children with traditional methods is still a complex, slow and expensive task, frequently resulting in poor data and wrong assessments of the situation. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us build our augmented reality enable mobile phone application to detect the malnutrition of kids under age 5, using AI.
Our mission :
- To solve those problems, we are developing an innovative tool that will change the traditional way of detecting malnutrition of children.
- Our solution will replace unreliable hardware with software.
- This is a game-changer in the industry and will help saving millions of children's lives.
Our solution :
- The Child Growth Monitor uses augmented reality enabled smartphones to record 3D scans of children.
- Artificial Intelligence is used to predict their height, weight and middle upper-arm circumference.
- We are looking for experienced IT experts who like the idea of working for a non-profit, open-source, social cause.
- You will start working in a dedicated team of IT specialists as Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer (m/f) Globally, preferably in India (Mumbai)
- This posting concerns a 12-month full time assignment working for Welthungerhilfe in a free-lance capacity in order to help us develop our app.
Your experience :
- 3-7 years proven work experience in this or similar position
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Science, Data Science, Machine Learning or related field
- Experience working with advanced analytics, ML, Computer Vision and 3D point clouds and AI methods
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Tensorflow/Keras and 3D visualization
Soft Skills :
- Well-organized and focused on the important tasks at hand
- Team player / valuable addition to our scrum team
- Self-learner with curious mind-set
What we offer :
- Working on one of the most urgent problems of mankind : solving the world hunger by 2030
- Working in an international, vibrant team
- Learning from renowned and experienced AI experts and IT specialists
- Pioneer work in the field of anthropometric measurement via AI
- Remote work, esp. if you don't live in Mumbai or Berlin
Project Time Frame : asap until Mid-2020 (extension for longer time frame possible)
Your qualifications will include :
- Degree in IT, engineering or comparable, or studies like statistics, operations research, mathematics, bioinformatics
- Experience in agile projects with at least 5 years of work experience
- Good English communication skills
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer