This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Fluxon is a product and software development company based out of San Francisco, California. We are founded by a group of ex-Googlers and startup founders who love building great products. We are obsessed with quality and speed, and we love the work we do. Our clients are comprised of the most innovative and forward-thinking companies in the world.
Our team is honest, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and high standards, we expect great things from our engineering teams. Currently, we are looking for an experienced, hands-on, technical QA Manager to build and lead a quality and test engineering team.
Who are you?
You care deeply about ensuring quality for large-scale, mission-critical software in an agile environment and has empathy for the people who will interact with it: the end users, admins, and developers. You can work at any company in the world, but you choose us because we’re always striving to innovate. You are brilliant, yet humble. You like working in a team, because you believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You have high integrity and a strong work ethic. If this sounds like you, we would love to chat!
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design teams to ensure the delivery of the best products to our customers
- Manage day to day activities of test engineers within an agile scrum environment
- Drive the building of world-class test automation with your technical expertise and support
- Hire and nurture top-shelf staff
- Work with Product Manager and Team Lead to clearly understand the products we're building, intended functionality, and user workflows.
- Work with Product Manager and Team Lead to create test acceptance criteria
- Communicate risks to Team Leads and Product Managers as needed
- Work with Engineers to implement and monitor performance tests
- Create test plans for new features and steer the team to ensure test coverage based on the test plan. Identify test gaps and prioritise adding coverage based on areas of risk.
- Execute Front-End tests regression tests, exploratory tests, and end-to-end workflow tests.
- Always be thinking of edge cases and be excited to break things.
- Have an eye for preventing security vulnerabilitiesu
- Be comfortable doing manual testing, especially early in the project when the UX and other features evolve quickly and when testability work and automation are underway.
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments and take ownership of test failures and ensure that our CI system is reliable.
- Experience building and managing QA teams
- Ability to operate in situations with ambiguous or incomplete information
- Attention to detail and ability to lead and work under tight deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of front-end web testing and testing APIs (Postman)
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS and browser debugging/console tools
- Experience using test automation tools and frameworks like Puppeteer, Jest, Enzyme, Artillery, Storybook or Cypress.
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Coached and provided feedback to team members at all levels
- 3-4 years of experience with functional QA testing of web applications
- Knowledge of project and resource management and some general accounting desired
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
What we offer
- Exposure to high-profile startups / big companies in Silicon Valley
- Work on challenging projects with sophisticated requirements, and lots of traffic
- US Visa Sponsorship
- Flexible work hours and location
- Personal development and professional growth
- Top-of-the-market salary
- Paid vacation and holidays
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer