This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Who are we?
HasGeek produces and facilitates events for technologists to share learnings from their work. We organize well-known technology conferences including Rootconf, JSFoo, The Fifth Elephant, Anthill Inside and several meet-ups, workshops and tech events of different formats. These events have speakers from India and across the world.
Speakers include technologists working on information security, data science, large-scale systems and a range of tech practice. We also have journalists, lawyers, policy-makers and individuals from related fields who deliver cross-disciplinary talks to show how privacy, security and the impact of technology choices on citizens and consumers have to be thought about when building technology.
Speakers go through a process of peer review, exhaustive preparation and onboarding before each event. This ensures a smooth speaking experience, and maximum engagement for the speaker with participants.
This job opening is for a speaker coordinator who's primary responsibility will be to coordinate with speakers for events listed on hasgeek.com.
The number of technology conferences that HasGeek organizes (and facilitates) has increased substantially. So has the volume of talk proposals we receive. Hence, we have opened a position for a speaker coordinator who will coordinate with the community of proposers, speakers and reviewers.
Responsibilities of the speaker coordinator:
- Help the potential speaker convert an idea to a talk within a specified time frame.
- Interact with a range of people from the community and industry.
- Manage deadlines and ensure that all parties in the peer review process -- speakers and reviewers -- honor deadlines.
Skills required for this job:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Persuasion skills.
- Discipline with time and rigor with process.
- Ability to speak and write English succinctly.
- Proficiency with email, G-Suite tools and task + project management tools.
Minimum education qualification for this position is Bachelors in English Literature, Psychology or Law. We are looking for candidates with at least 3-5 years of work experience in people management, community management, communications or Public Relations.
Why work with HasGeek? What’s in it for you?
HasGeek has been in the business of producing event brands and facilitating peer review since 2010. We have scaled our revenues and goodwill in the tech ecosystem in a healthy manner.
As a company, we value:
- Smart work as against hard work.
- Outcomes over effort.
- All-round growth. We run regular book-reading and knowledge-sharing sessions as a group.
- We invest time and resources in training our employees, including sending employees for workshops and events that will help them do their job better.
HasGeek is expanding verticals within the organization. One of the growth paths for the speaker coordinator will be to eventually coordinate speaking engagements and transition into the speaker agency vertical.
Job perks include:
- We give you a smart phone, a computer and other resources that will help you work productively.
- Healthy and delicious home-cooked food, served daily for all employees.
- Performance based bonuses -- in addition to your base salary. Bonuses are structured to reward outcomes. Bonuses also ensure that you have clearly defined targets and incentives to work with.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer