This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
We are looking for an engineer with Go expertise to join the Hasura CLI team in Bengaluru. The open source CLI, written in Go, is at the heart of declarative config based developer experience on Hasura. It powers the migration systems and helps in automating a lot of configuration management tasks for the Hasura GraphQL Engine.
If you have experience with Go, building CLI based developer tools or server-side applications, and are looking for a challenging work environment where you can grow and deepen your technical chops, we'd love to chat with you.
As a team, we try to keep learning from each other in a collaborative environment and are extremely passionate about engineering. We’re open to bringing in new technologies, tools and patterns to make our engineering experience continuously better.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are an experienced Go developer who can build great user experiences with CLI.
- You have experience in writing idiomatic, performant Go code.
- You have experience in building services which talk to external APIs and manipulate the filesystem.
- You have experience in building web services in Go.
- You take delight in shipping amazing products and being obsessive about the little things around user experience.
- Strong communication skills in person, on paper and in code.
- Experience and comfort working in a collaborative environment like Slack, GitHub etc.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: a Bachelors in CS or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- You have already worked on or contributed to a CLI tool written in Go.
- You are already familiar with Cobra (not the snake :D )
- You are familiar with GraphQL
- You are familiar with writing integration and unit tests
- You maintain a blog
- You engage in community activities and like speaking at meetups, conferences and sharing what you’ve learnt
- You’ve worked on building developer tools at work, in open-source projects or as a side gig :)
- Work with the product team to build and iterate on CLI-based developer experiences
- Propose and build new commands and workflows by understanding the feedback and suggestions from the community
- Gradually take ownership of the Hasura CLI and the code-driven experience for developers using Hasura
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the CLI performance
We would prefer that you work out of our office in Bangalore, India. However, we are also open to remote working as well.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to shape the GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Please visit our careers page (https://hasura.io/careers/) for more details.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, provides instant realtime GraphQL APIs and event-sourcing on a database, so that teams can build scalable applications with GraphQL and serverless easily.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer