This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with Go expertise to join the Hasura team in Bengaluru. At Hasura we believe types are everything and we make sure all code that is powering our production systems are written in a typed language. At Hasura, you will be working on features augmenting the Hasura GraphQL Engine.
If you have experience with Go, building scalable server-side applications and are looking for a challenging work environment where you can grow and deepen your technical chops, we'd love to chat with you.
As a team, we try to keep learning from each other in a collaborative environment and are extremely passionate about engineering. We’re open to bringing in new technologies, tools and patterns to make our engineering experience continuously better.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are an experienced backend/fullstack engineer who can lead projects, engage stakeholders, and empower other engineers in order to achieve goals.
- You are experience in building performant, scalable microservices.
- You have a thirst for evolving server-side architectures and modern web technology stacks.
- You have experience in writing idiomatic, maintainable Go code.
- You understand the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks, and workarounds.
- You have experience in working with container technologies like Docker.
- You are familiar with writing integration and unit tests.
- You take delight in shipping amazing products and being obsessive about the little things around user experience.
- Strong communication skills in person, on paper and in code.
- Experience and comfort working in a collaborative environment like Slack, GitHub etc.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: a Bachelors in CS or equivalent experience.
Bonus points for:
- You have experience having led a team of backend/fullstack engineers.
- You have written, deployed and debugged microservices on Kubernetes
- You have written a Kubernetes Operator
- You are familiar with GraphQL
- You have experience working with relational databases, Postgres in particular.
- You maintain a blog
- You engage in community activities and like speaking at meetups, conferences and sharing what you’ve learnt
- You’ve worked on building developer tools at work, in open-source projects or as a side gig :)
- Participate in the entire dev life-cycle from pitch/prototyping through definition and design to build, integration, QA and continuous delivery.
- Work with the product team to build and iterate on Hasura's offerings.
- Perform code reviews.
- Setting up reusable UI and tooling & best-practices with great DX for the dev team.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the application performance.
- Plan and execute mid to long-term strategies that benefit the team and the product.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary.
- Understand engineering metrics and seek to improve them.
We would prefer you to be located and work out of our office in Bangalore, India. However, we are also open to remote working as well.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to shape the GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Please visit our careers page (https://hasura.io/careers/) for more details.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, provides instant realtime GraphQL APIs and event-sourcing on a database, so that teams can build scalable applications with GraphQL and serverless easily.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer