This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Posted by Sanjna Merchant
About Hopscotch Health
Hopscotch Health is a technology-driven healthcare startup focused on building the future of healthcare, by bringing together the best practices from data science, artificial intelligence, and behavior science. We work with our partners from hospitals, clinics, and social organizations to create comprehensive programs for chronic disease management.
What sets us apart is that we’re data smart - our technology is highly adaptable to the most pressing healthcare problems. Through our partnerships with and talent from organizations including Carnegie Mellon University, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, and Asian Cancer Institute, we’re making the tools to monitor and improve health simple, intuitive, and human.
Join us in building the healthcare system of the future!
We believe that everybody should be able to afford quality healthcare access, that any healthcare system should account for not just medicine but all the determinants of health and that technology can help us get there faster. To read more about the potential of artificial intelligence and behavioral science to tackle large healthcare challenges, click here.
Our North Star goal is to establish a roadmap for the implementation of Universal Healthcare. To target some of the biggest challenges head-ons, we’re building programs tackling tobacco cessation and diabetes management in resource-constrained populations. To read more about the chronic disease epidemic in India, click here.
About the role:
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who has hands-on experience in Django/Flask who can help develop and manage our backend platform and perform infrastructure management tasks with some experience in DevOps. As a Backend Engineer, you develop new features and maintain our python backend; maintain tests, fix bugs, and help integrate with frontend code built by your coworkers. Were looking for a dynamic self-starter given the varied nature of working with distributed teams and the agility of the startup environment. As a DevOps engineer, you assist in designing, provisioning and maintaining infrastructure; configuring continuous integration and continuous delivery; backup and restoration; monitoring, logging, alerting, and security.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Maintain the development, testing, and delivery of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Manage security and data protection implementation and testing.
- Oversee optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Help implement and test new backend features.
- Help integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Maintain and debug our ongoing deployments in dev and production environments.
- Check alerts and logs for failures and fixing bugs.
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years of experience working as a Python developer/engineer.
- Experience in using MongoDB and SQL.
- Experience in using Docker.
- Experience in working in cloud-based platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with firebase and firestore.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and AI is preferred.
- Familiarity with the basic concepts and practices of microservices.
- Ability to implement automated testing.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer