This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Backend Engineer
Posted by Shivani Kowadkar (@koolkanya)
We are looking for a Backend Engineer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, database, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Working knowledge of message queues, NoSQL databases- MongoDB & caching systems
- Extensive experience in API development and optimization.
- Good Knowledge of ExpressJS middle-wares.
- Writing test cases using Mocha etc
Skills And Qualifications
- Should have experience working MongoDB schema design and designing concurrent APIs.
- Basic understanding of ReactJS, HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Should have experience working in Elasticsearch and ELK stack.
- Good to have working experience with CI/CD, test and deployment automation, and containers.
- Good to have deployment experience on AWS.
About Kool Kanya
Kool Kanya is the new ambition destination for women. We are a community of women who build each other through career advice and navigating big life challenges as you power your way to your dream career.
Whether it’s a freelance writer, artist or a stylist or a self-starter like an entrepreneur, a mother looking for work after maternity break, a corporate employee or someone simply looking for her life purpose; we help women create careers that they love.
We do it through content creation which involves, website and social media – both written, graphic and video. Our Content team works like beavers to reach out to women all across India changing mindsets, breaking old patterns of thinking and asking women to raise their power.
We also have a robust tech team working behind the scenes to make sure that all content that is created, reaches our community of ambitious women without a glitch.
Our Marketing team gives us a number-crunching analysis on what content is working and what’s not and how best to reach out to millions of women looking to shape their dream careers.
If you believe in what we do and are willing to work in a team that puts all your skills and talents to good use.
We work out of our Mumbai office. Our team comprises of young people; young, mostly in age and always in spirit. Full of spunk. Highly opinionated. Extreme fun and radical madness. And we believe in Raising Our power together through a nurturing ecosystem for women to bring them to the careers they love.
Our Fun Fryays started by our CEO Vanshika have involved dog visits to the workplace, Open mics and empathy workshops so that our brilliantly talented team remains well-connected on a personal and professional level.
We believe in working hard, failing forward and above all in being empathetic not only to the community of women seeking career advice but also to each other, at work. Here's a glimpse of Kool Kanya -
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer