This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
We're actively looking for applicants from under-represented, diverse backgrounds!
"We believe that the strongest solutions (from technology and design perspectives) are created when a diversity of voices, opinions and perspectives are brought to bear on problems that our clients hire us to solve."
We’re a small team that focuses on the big things, punching way above our weight. Our craft is important to us, and we hone it and utilise it in the context of our work. We invest in ourselves and care about each other — a great team is multiplicative and not additive!
To this end, we maintain a playbook of our lore and practices. We’re product engineers and not just software engineers. We understand that great software is only a small part of value-creation. We work with our designers, often in the same room, to rapidly iterate and validate our assumptions.
We believe in the DevOps movement, and imbibe the principles in all our work — yes, even Android engineering! We review code with care and guidance, not as an afterthought, but every day as part of our workflow. We regularly share our work and learnings and engage with the community.
- Have worked across different components of an app, or on multiple apps
- Bonus point! Familiar with Kotlin and associated libraries!
- Owns small features, starting from technical design through completion; coordinates with other senior engineer(s).
- Appreciates and participates in technical discussions, and values guidance and feedback.
- Does not need mentoring on a daily basis; makes steady progress by themselves, and knows when to ask for help to get unblocked.
- Comfortable with referencing technical specifications, API references, source code, and man pages to understand concepts or solve issues.
- Understands the role and importance of design -- including consistency, conventions, and human interface guidelines.
- Familiar with the Material design language and controls; know when to use which control, and knows how to implement them in code.
- Understands the value of peer-reviewed code; learns how to be unbiased and provide effective feedback.
- Asks senior engineers for help when needed (e.g.: architecture decisions, refactoring).
- Recognises the role of a build system, and how to use templates to set up new projects.
- Works with existing build systems to add dependencies and make minor changes.
- Comprehensive family healthcare
- Parental leave
- Emotional welfare budget
- Continuing Education allowance
- Paid time off to speak at conferences and industry events
- Fresh, catered lunch and snacks
- A beautiful office in Central Bangalore with tons of natural light
- and lots more!
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer