This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Quze is looking for talented, meticulous and thoughtful Backend and Platform Engineer to join us in creating the future of learning.
You’ll focus on the backend and infrastructure of our entire stack, working closely with lead engineers of the team. You will be involved heavily on the product-development process, designing and developing powerful, scalable APIs. You will be brought in the ideation meetings, as well as expected to contribute to the overall backend architecture and deployment process.
This should describe you:
- You write beautiful, maintainable code.
- You have been building insane products personally and professionally for 2+ years.
- You have experience working and delivering in a remote environment.
- Your preferred language is Java and you are fluent with Java technologies.
- You are experienced in backend frameworks like Spring, Express, Django, Flask etc.
- You can handle Relational Databases like a pro.
- You are at home when you are writing raw SQL and using JDBC.
- You have worked earlier with Elasticsearch and can form complex queries and aggregations with ease and know elastic search inside out.
- You have significant experience using AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, SES, SQS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Cognito etc.
- You have experience developing applications in an event-driven and distributed nature using the full power of the cloud.
- You have deep insight into different architectural and design patterns that should be used to model the code as well as the services and applications for the platform.
- You have a lot of fun deploying web services on AWS.
- You have experience and are always constantly learning about new DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Sentry, Datadog, Splunk).
- You have built web crawlers and scrapers using Python and BeautifulSoup, Scrapy or Selenium.
- You love writing automated tests for code and want a high test coverage.
- You have some experience with front-end build tools such as Lerna, Yarn, or Webpack.
- You are a gifted communicator. You can explain the most technical concepts to your parents with ease.
- You want to grow into a company leader. You will work with the leadership team to build company culture and help shape our future.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer