This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Product Manager - New Initiatives
Posted by Venkataramana Karanth B (@venkatrk)
Product Managers at Razorpay are responsible for identifying problems, prioritizing problems, and solving them through product - right from conceptualization to launch. Come on board and shape India’s digital payments future. In this specific role, you would be responsible for giving shape to our new initiative around solving customer problems in the payment space. Your focus would be on making exploring and making new age concepts a reality, working with both internal or external teams. You would develop a prototype, explore ways to minimize cost, and eventually define the specification to deliver the product at scale. You should innately enjoy taking on problems head-on and thrive on figuring out workarounds to different problems.
- Transform concepts to working prototypes: You will collaborate with Product & Tech leaders to bring new concepts to life.
- Build interfaces: Would involve understanding how different interfaces and components operate and ultimately figure out how to make them talk to each other. You should enjoy studying communication and networking protocols, and open standards.
- Define specifications and work with potential manufacturers: You will obsess about building products. Your objective will be to define tight requirements, identify edge-cases, define thorough acceptance criteria, etc. to deliver a product that exceeds customer expectations.
You will be a good fit for this role if:
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on product development experience (we obsess about PMs who have conceptualized and shipped things; payments experience is not necessary). Freshers can apply only if you started your company in college, and managed to hire a team before graduating.
- You have prior experience as a Tech Wizard (you have built your own revenue-generating App/ Website, Chrome extension to find coupons, Alexa-powered On/ Off switch, etc.), and are willing to go the extra mile to become a PM.
- You understand technology and enjoy taking things apart and then putting them back together
- You are comfortable working hands-on in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Problem-solving and detail orientation comes naturally to you.
- You have an analytical and data-driven approach in day-to-day work. Energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- You have built technology-heavy and API first products as a Product Manager