This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Backend Developer - Python - (1-4 years) at Kazoom
Posted by Kazoom (@kazoom)
Kazoom is an O2O platform for travellers, aggregating local experiences (food, wellness, adventure, shopping), and local transport through an online marketplace, across tourist destinations in India.
The Founders are alums of Harvard Business School, IIT Delhi, Bain & Company, the VC Omidyar Network.
Kazoom was seeded at Harvard Business School and is Bangalore-based, with committed funds from prominent investors. The website and app will be launched in September.
We are looking for energetic, curious, empathetic, and indophilic team members. Kazoom aims to be the next Indian travel unicorn and we are looking for people who can come in early and grow with the organization
• Build scalable services using Django framework for customer facing applications and vendor facing tools.
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
• Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Tech Stack - Python/Django, ReactJs
Overall, we’re language agnostic firm and prefer dynamic people who choose best technology at hand for a task.
Desired Traits, Skills and Experience
• Motivated, independent, passionate, driven and goal-oriented are core traits that will make successful member of our dream team.
• Must demonstrate a passion for technology and how it impacts business.
• We are looking for candidates with a qualitative and quantitative background with a degree in majors such as Computer Science, and/or Computer Engineering
• The ideal candidate is curious and versatile, and eager to tackle complex problems. The position offers a diverse range of projects and the opportunity to quickly have a direct impact upon the organization.
• Candidates should be able to learn on the fly and be capable of taking responsibility for delivering defined objectives.
• Some knowledge of Python would be great, but not required as long as you can learn.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, building algorithms and working with distributed computing.
• Experience building software systems; extra points for Agile development experience.
• Knowledge of version control and coding standards
• Experience working with databases
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer