This post is from tlrfindia.com, which may or may not be affiliated with videowiki.org
If you want to join the social impact sector, but at the same time, you want the thrill of working in a fast growing start-up, and also earn the money you would make in the for-profit sector, then VideoWiki is the perfect place to work.
#socialimpact + #startuphustle + #forprofitsalaries = #videowiki
VideoWiki is looking for passionate software engineers to help change the world – join us on our mission to eradicate language inequality on the internet. Imagine a world where anyone can access knowledge, irrespective of the language they speak. It’s an audacious, incredibly rewarding mission that our small yet talented team is dedicated to achieving. Exciting challenges lie ahead—new regions, technologies, and businesses.
Pramod Varma, the Chief Architect of Aadhar, India’s user identification system with 1.2 billion users, will be mentoring the software development team at VideoWiki. You will get to interact with him and learn the best practises of developing a scalable platform.
📗Culture: #TAO - #Trust #Action #Ownership
1. #Trust - We believe that individuals don't need ping pong tables or beer fridges at work. What one needs is the flexibility in their work life, for instance remote work, and a good work-life balance. Therefore, we offer trust, not toys. You can apply from any city/country and work remotely.
2. #Action - Actions are more important than work hours logged at VideoWiki. If you meet your deliverable on time, no further questions will be asked.Though we are structured as a non-profit, our work environment is a typical start-up where we break things, and move fast.
3. #Ownership - We are a small, but talented team. Therefore, you will have full ownership of your work, and are equally responsible for achieving the audacious mission of creating language equality on the internet.
⚡️About your role:
1. VideoWiki Platform - You’ll have the opportunity to work on our flagship product, VideoWiki, the world’s first one-stop video localization platform which non-profits to reduce their translations costs by 99%. You work will include the following:
• Make VideoWiki browser-agnostic,
• Build backend services to support new and existing product features,
• Work on scaling various pieces of infrastructure,
• Migrate the codebase to a micro-service architecture.
• Collaborate with your peers via code reviews to level up yourself and others, to improve your ability to provide effective feedback, and to achieve higher quality code.
• Contribute to open-source! We ❤️ open source, and we give back to the community whenever we can.
• Work on code that will have an impact on m/(b)illions of individuals, from all over the 🌍.
2 . “Video annotation (OCR) tool”- You will also be responsible for building a tool that can annotate educational videos with typeface overlays for readability and translation to other languages. Microsoft Research India has previously attempted to build such as tool, VidWiki (http://vidwiki.azurewebsites.net/), and will be providing us support in building a production grade video annotation tool
📋You will need:
Note: If you think you are fit for the role, but you do not match one or more “minimum/preferred qualifications” mentioned below, you can still apply, provided you write a cover letter why you want to work at VideoWiki.
1. 3+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems.
2. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
3. Ability to write high performance production quality code.
4. Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through
planning and scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing.
5. Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications,
such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient
1. Experience with Nodejs/Express, MongoDB, Socket.io, RabbitMQ
2. Basic knowledge in docker, CircleCI or TravisCI
3. Experience with AWS (S3, EC2/ECS )
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer